Best pot-stickers we’ve ever had. The home made wrappers make a huge difference.
We followed the recipe exactly as written, except for using soy sauce instead of salt, and also added garlic. What really made the difference was using Kurobuta pork shoulder and grinding it ourselves in a food processor.
- Measure both flours into a mixing bowl.
- Boil water and pour over the flour until it measures 400 grams.
- Add the peanut oil.
- Mix on low with a paddle attachment for one minute.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Switch to the dough hook and mix on medium speed until dough comes together. Add a little flour or water as needed.
- Allow dough to rest for an hour.
For the stuffing –
- scallion – organic
- garlic – organic
- ground pork – Kurobuta pork shoulder from D’Artagnan
- chicken stock – homemade
- Shaoxing wine – Pagoda 8 year aged from Posharpstore
- soy sauce – Zhongba 360 light soy sauce from The Mala Market
- sugar –
- white pepper – from World Spice Merchants
- sesame oil
inspired by a recipe for Pot-sticker dumplings with chicken stock from a book by Fuchia Dunlop – “The Food of Sichuan”.