We were looking for something to make to celebrate Juneteenth, and found the perfect recipe. A wonderful butter cookie called Southern Tea Cakes that is a tradition for the day. This recipe is from Grandbaby Cakes.
Ingredients we used:
- 1 stick organic butter
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar (from sugar beets)
- 1 large organic egg
- 2 teaspoons Nielsen-Massey Organic Fairtrade Madagascar Bourbon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup King Arthur all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Bob’s Red Mill baking soda
Tip: After making the dough and refrigerating it, I rolled it between plastic wrap and froze it until I could cut the cookies with a cookie cutter. This made them perfectly round.