Love locks are appearing on bridges all over the world. We found these in Paris and Amsterdam. What was once a romantic gesture made by couples who want their love to be locked together forever, is now a nuisance that countries are trying to stop.
In France, the custom of charivari now often includes a drive through the town in a parade of decorated cars with horns blaring. The older custom was to make noise as the couple left the church or at the home of the newlyweds on their wedding night, but customs change over the years. This was the couples car for a wedding in Paris .
The Spanish mantilla is the traditional veil worn by brides in Spain and Mexico.
Serving Prince William’s groom cake added a royal touch to this recent wedding.
Candied almonds have historically been given as wedding gifts or served to the guests as wedding favors. In France, Calissons d’Aix en Provence are said to have been served at the wedding of the king in the 1400s. The Italians serve five almonds to signify five wishes for the bride and groom – health, wealth, happiness, children and long life. known by many names – dragee, confetti, Jordan Almonds, mlabas, koufeta – they are popular at many American weddings as well.
Loved the flowers on this dress we shot in Paris!
OUR TIPS FOR TRAVELING WITH CAMERA EQUIPMENT
OUR LIST OF FAVORITE EQUIPMENT FOR TRAVEL PHOTOGRAPHY
Some brides in Switzerland still follow the tradition of wearing a wedding wreath of flowers. The custom was to burn the wreath after the ceremony, and if it burned quickly, the couple would have good luck. This photo is of a wreath for a wedding in Basel Switzerland.
Traveling with camera equipment can get a little tricky, so we have listed some of our favorite tips for making it easier.
- Take only your favorite camera and lenses
- use a comfortable cross-body camera case
- always carry a polarizer
- use watertight and shock resistant equipment
- put gel packets in the camera case
- Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L II,
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2 L,
- Canon EF 17-40 f/4L USM Ultra Wide angle Zoom,
- Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L II zoom
- Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L macro
OTHER EQUIPMENT –
- Hoya 77mm NXT Circular Polarizer Filter
- Hoya 72mm NXT Circular Polarizer Filter
- SanDisk Extreme Pro 16GB 160MB/s CompactFlash cards
- CompactFlash card case that is watertight and shock resistant
- Interteck reusable blue silica gel packets
- Tamrac sling pack camera bag