WEEKEND MEAL PREP
PLAN FOR EATING BETTER TASTING, HEALTHIER, EASIER, AND SUSTAINABLE MEALS
We make up a number of things on the weekend so it’s easy to put together healthy meals during the week.
- OATMEAL – 30 minutes using the Instant Pot
- GARLIC OLIVE OIL – 30 minutes using the Instant Pot
- BEANS – 30 minutes using the Instant Pot
- CULTURED ITEM – YOGURT, SOUR CREAM, CHEESE OR CREME FRAICHE – 24 hours using the Instant Pot
- VINEGRETTE – 5 minutes
- BREAD DOUGH – WHOLE WHEAT, FRENCH, OR SWEET – refrigerate for 24 – 48 hours
- QUINOA – 30 minutes on the stove
- GRAIN ITEM – 30 minutes on the stove
This might sound like a lot, but each thing only takes a few minutes and then we have meals planned through Thursday. Since we do it on Sunday, we know how long these items have been in the refrigerator. If we need to stock some other items, like toasting nuts or making mayonnaise, we can do these as well.
Then we visit the farmer’s market. We can shop like a chef, buying whatever looks good and is in season without having a list or a plan. We know it will fit in with the weekly meal plan because we have a basic idea of what we are having.