Garlic Olive Oil made in the Instant Pot is so easy, and makes a healthy substitute for butter.
Table of contents
STOCKING THE PANTRY
We make it ahead and consider it part of the routine of stocking the pantry (though we store it in the refrigerator). By leaving the garlic in the oil, we also have sautéed garlic, or garlic confit, ready to use. So easy to make, and even easier because we use an Instant Pot, so we can make it without constant attention.
NOTES ON HOW MAKING GARLIC OLIVE OIL IN AN INSTANT POT FITS INTO OUR PLAN TO EAT BETTER:
By selecting better brands and eating more healthy foods we cut our carbon footprint in half and are helping to control climate change. We eat more plant-based foods and use garlic olive oil to add flavor. We use California Olive Ranch olive oil because we like the taste and quality and it maintains that buttery taste even when used to sauté garlic. They have a way of harvesting the olives that allows them to leave the olives on the trees longer, which gives the oil the mellow rich taste. And, since it’s a California company, it qualifies as buying local. Also, making it in an Instant Pot is not just easier, it is a great way to use less energy. This helps us eat less meat, and also saves money.
- 1 cup garlic
- 2 cups olive oil
- Remove the garlic cloves from the garlic head and be sure to remove all the paper skins.
- Cut the brown tips off the garlic and any brown spots.
- Put the garlic and olive oil into the Instant Pot.
- Set the Instant pot for Sauté on the lowest temperature for 30 minutes.
- Check on the garlic to make sure it is not getting to dark or it may become bitter.
- When it is finished cooking, pour the oil and garlic into a glass, heat-proof container and cover. Allow it to cool and then place it in the refrigerator.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. (This is very important – do not store at room temperature and do not keep longer than two weeks)